Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Windsor's Own Reality TV Series





I just had to post these 2 reader emails. They say it all so well



1) City Council and Mayor Francis,

I have a simple suggestion for all of you people. Get a copy of Monday nights City Council meeting from Cogeco and watch it....I would love to know what some of you think of the way you reacted last night. Good God I think that Cogeco could sell the rights of Windsor City Council meeting broadcasts to the FOX TV network as the next reality series, I am sure the ratings would blow American Idol out of the water!

A good portion of you should be ashamed of the way you reacted and that goes right to the top to the Mayor himself, well ya know when he wasn't hiding behind all his bylaw crap and top council executives to feed him what to say next. I really wished you would have finished your little fit and took your binders and stormed out of chambers like you were going to do. Maybe then the meting could have continued with the respect and dignity that it should have.

ALL of you owe the City of Windsor residents an apology for the way that meeting went out of hand. Let me tell you, it was my first time watching a city council meeting, and I was appalled that you people run this city, but it does explain to me MUCH clearer why the city is the way it is today.

Way to go Alan - A good portion of the city stands behind you! No one would know that though, cause the mayor refuses to allow the public ANY input on this at all. Guess if it doesn't praise him, its not allowed in the procedure bylaw?

2) Good morning Ed.

Amazing what a little "dirt" will do for the mind. One thing Eddie completely forgot was the future savings on water main replacement. Since there are so many jobs and factories leaving Windsor, would it be prudent to replace what will not be used? Imagine the savings. Sort of disappointed he didn't think of that.

There are way too many distractions going on at City Hall to focus on one fiasco. Or is that the plan? Confuse them with shock and awe. Where did that come from?

[Note: I am surprised with the big demand for watermains across North America that we are not building watermain manufacturing plants. Do I have to do the thinking for the gazelle feeders too now!]