Is This Eddie's Future Job
This is a real job ad. I did NOT make it up. The Source is The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press - Detroit, MI
President and CEO Detroit & Canada Tunnel Corporation
Base Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
Industry: Accounting - Finance
Manages Others: no
Job Type: Accounting Management
Req'd Education: None
Req'd Experience: Not Specified
Req'd Travel: Not Specified
Relocation Covered: No
Ref ID: 0001294502
President and CEO
Detroit & Canada Tunnel Corporation, Detroit, MI, seeks a President & CEO to be responsible, and accountable to the Board of Directors, for the effective, efficient and profitable operation of the Company.
- Must lead, direct, supervise ;
- manage company operations in U.S. & Canada & ensure that the Detroit Windsor Tunnel is safely operated & maintained in accordance with best practice & meets the needs of its many stakeholders & users;
- develop strategic & operating business plans for Board approval & implement such, ensuring the profitability of the corporation; maintain key relationships in all levels of government in both US & Canada;
- lead negotiations with the Company's 2 unions;
- sit as a member of the Board of Directors and regularly sit on other related boards, sometimes as the Chair;
- assist with the merger & acquisition of new assets.
Candidate must have MBA, BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, be a registered P.E. in either U.S. or Canada, be admissible to Canada, & have 10 yrs exp. heading an operating company while reporting to a Board of Directors in a unionized environment, including 5 yrs. exp. working for or with U.S. or Canadian municipal governments, 2 yrs. exp. working for or with Federal and/or State or Provincial government agencies, and 2 yrs. exp. developing and successfully implementing both strategic & operating business plans.