Windsor As A Negotiator
Think I am kidding? Heck, everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I too. Let me give you some examples:
1) Phase 1 Memorandum of Understanding with the Senior Levels where Eddie's agreement was viewed as opening the door for the use of E C Row as a border road for Montreal-to-Tijuana trucks:
"Canada, Ontario and Windsor agree to meet to develop a Phase 2 agreement on additional projects that will be pursued to improve the efficiency of the Windsor Gateway. Such discussions shall include consideration of, but not be limited to, improvements to Huron Church Road, EC Row Expressway, Lauzon Parkway and other options as they may be presented."
2) Cheap Keg parking at five cents a day
3) Canderel rent at an "average" of $7.75 per square foot when the City leased it for $23.08 per square foot initially. (I believe that the City rent was reduced after the City paid a lump-sum payment to the developer)
4) City is obliged to hand over "a clean site" to Shmuel Farhi, the developer who will get a prime waterfront parcel from the City and it will cost the City $200K to remove "foundation" materials there.
5) City agrees to pay for the East end arena "the building permits, at a cost of $900,000, and $300,000 for bonding and insurance" because that is what the developer negotiated according to Mr. Sadler.
6) Cleary deal with St. Clair where we not only gave them the building but are paying them to take it from us.
7) Our MFP "victory" (after the Court of Appeal decided that the City's key document was not privileged and the other side did not have to hand it back) that cost taxpayers an extra $68 M over what we initially were led to believe the deal would cost us.
With all of this background, I can hardly wait to see what the various agreements with the Spitfires will be!