City Hall Thoughts
Just a few things I thought about over the last few days with the goings-on at City Hall. They are not enough to write a complete BLOG about but interested me:
- Remember, the employee morale survey undertaken a few months ago, well morale must be so good due to the efforts of the Mayor and CAO that the non-unionized employees want to unionize.
- DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET. When listening to Council on Cogeco, that buzzing sound is not a problem with your TV set. I called the TV repairman about it and he said that it was a common complaint. The noise is actually the vibrators on the Blackberry units of the Councillors going off and being picked up by the microphones. Council meetings are so dull that Councillors message themselves to stay awake.
- Who is the genius who stayed up late at night to call the ceremony re the East End arena the "Icebreaking Celebration!" A freudian slip or a shot at Project Ice Track
- LaSalle arena gets $3.8M grant...Windsor's Arena gets.....Oh I forgot, Eddie fought with Dwight and Sandra, Fulvio made some nasty comments about them while Gord Henderson slammed them
- Dennis DesRosiers must be happy now. Henderson had to devote a whole column to him. Who cares what he wrote! A media type I know suggests that it may not have been completely a co-incidence that a well-written letter praising DesRosiers found its way to the Letter to the Editor section as well. Since Dennis' letter also was published, is that a hat-trick for him?
- If the "average" lease-rate for Canderel is $7.75, which tenant got the highest rate and which got the lowest to arrive at the "average." I can guess who got the lowest, can you?
- I think Eddie must have forgotten to tell us what the yearly escalator for the rent is or what the renewal rate is. Is there a reason why he forgot to tell us? Must be that darn amnesia virus again.
- Do you know the reason that Eddie felt so obliged to tell us exactly what the legal and consultants fees for the border file accomplished?
- Why did a Star reporter get access to letters sent to Premier McGuinty and Transport Minister Cannon but a City Councillor had to ask for them in public at a Council meeting? Couldn't the Mayor just have given them to him?
- Did the City really have to buy customized hockey pucks to give away free at its Sellebration of the East End arena and also free commemorative flyers? I hate to be a party pooper but how much did they cost and would it have been a better idea to make a contribution to Brentwood instead if the City has so much money to throw around
- Take a look at the Tunnel Commission before you seek to become a member. Members of the Commission for this prized asset of Windsor get a whole $60 per meeting. Disgraceful for the amount of effort that would have to be put in. Who would want the responsibility! I thought about applying for a position on the Commission but I would not get it since I'd vote to close it down unless its unique security risk was dealt with immediately and someone was hired to run it as the Mayor/Chair promised months ago.
- I'd probably have to fight too many Councillors to get appointed to the Windsor Utilities Commission. They get $8,156 per year to attend 8 meetings it seems. I am not sure if that is in total or per member.