Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What Do The Truckers Think about the Border


Are you bored already with the Arena story? Windsor's Mayor and Council dithered and Windsor got burned. Gee...doesn't that story sound familiar on another major file. Windsor's Mayor and Council have been dithering and industry is choosing not to come here because of the border mess.

I bet that you were really upset that I have not been doing border stories lately. Well it's not my fault that the Arena farce butted in and took up my time.

To make up and apologize, let me give you the results so far of a poll on the website of Today's Trucking magazine. The poll has been around for some time I believe. I assume that the respondents have generally been truckers since the poll has not received a lot of publicity and so cannot be "packed" by people who have a vested interest.

Assuming that the results are generally industry related, it seem that DRTP support is very low as can be expected by those who would have to drive many KM. in a Tunnel. A Bridge is overwhelmingly supported.

The big surprise though is the huge amount of support that the Bridge Co. received. Or maybe it is NOT such a surprise---I assume that the professionals to whom "time is really money" and who have a choice of using the "private" Ambassador Bridge or the "public" Blue Water Bridge have given us their answer. .

They prefer to use the crossing run by the best border operator between Canada and the US, the private Ambassador Bridge Co.!
Oh and stop complaining, wait until you read my BLOG this afternoon on the Arena. You'll get the stuff that no one else writes about here.