Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Friday, September 09, 2005

Council Agenda Peeve


It's Friday morning, September 9, at 7:50AM when I start to write this note. I had wanted to know what is on the Council agenda for the next session to decide if there is anything of interest. If there is something that is vital, I have to register as a delegation before noon today or I cannot speak at Council without leave of Council, which is NOT automatic

When I go to the City's website, what did I see---not the agenda for September 12 but the agenda for the last meeting, September 6. Unless I happened to see the link at the top of the page "Next Week's Council Agenda," I am out of luck until the new one is posted.

Is it too much to ask that the Agenda Page be kept current? After all, some of the Agenda is already online for heaven's sake! The page has been kept up-to-date in the past.

In the same way, I have had to complain that key documents referred to in Agenda items were not put on line as attachments.

Is it merely error, or incompetence, or laziness, or not enough staff that helps explain this contempt for citizens? OR is there another reason why it is not done?

UPDATE:
12:21 pm, after the noon delegation registration time limit. Still no posting of the September 12 agenda on the main page and no listing of delegations for the meeting.