Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shilling For Hasbro

I guess I am just getting ornery in my old age.

Flipping the TV dial, I landed on what I thought was a Council meeting but instead I saw an infomercial for the Monopoly game with the spokesperson being our Mayor. I wondered if he was practising for his new career.

That got me to thinking, what other Board games could the Mayor sell so that the City could get a royalty on each one purchased to help reduce taxes, or rather to allow the Mayor to spend without increasing taxes. Naturally, there would have to be a Windsor twist to each one:
  • CANADA-OPOLY--the let's beat Matty with a P3 bridge game

  • Risk--the outsourcing CUPE jobs game

  • SNAKES and ladders--the DRIC Road environmental game

  • Jeopardy--the Mayoral/Council re-election game

  • Scrabble--the 400 Building Audit game

  • Diplomacy--the what our Mayor lacks game

  • Trivial Pursuit--the airport hub/canal game

  • Clue--the arena sole source build it in the east end instead of downtown game

  • Candyland--the taxpayer pocketbook game

  • Ouija Board--the try and figure out what Edgar (aka Eddie) is doing game

  • Balderdash--the what goes on at Council game

  • Twister--the Mayoral machinations we are put through on the simplest matters game

  • Go--the what some Council members should do game

  • Stop the presses--the what may happen to the Star if Canwest goes broke game

  • Sorry--the I helped him get elected game.
Let me know if you can think of any other games that we can play in Windsor.