Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Monday, February 16, 2009

No Fumin' Stuff


I have been completely wrong in a BLOG I wrote for the very first time. I do humbly apologize and promise to do better in future.

What did I misjudge:

  • no fumin' Greenlink ad on Saturday
  • no fumin' Gord Henderson column (partial excuse...he had no column)
  • no fumin' Editorial
  • no fumin' Editorial cartoon
  • no fumin' Page A3 columnist
  • no fumin' Letters to the Editors writers
  • no fumin' citizens in Star news stories.

What's going on here. Is it really the Valentine's Day love-fest?

Oh I know that we have a stage-managed "Grassroots debate to air border route health facts" where Eddie's buddies Alfie Morgan and David Estrin will speak.

Still, the Province gave Eddie the opening he needed to call them every name in the book and gave him the opportunity to say he was right over no real jobs until late 2010 and he did not gloat and say "I was right and they were wrong!"

Something weird is going on! Who got to him? Who put him in his place? Who got him to be quiet? Did the Eminence Greasie go on vacation?

Wait, I can feel it coming. Whatever it is will be big. I can feel the ground starting to temble.

After all, there was another insult to Council with no reaction either.

WAS THE COUNTY BOUGHT OFF BY DRIC!

Oh my goodness.... could Junior actually be right this time! You remember:

  • "Valentinis told reporters afterward. "It's disheartening to see that prior to this major announcement, the major municipality affected gets less than 24 hours notice, at the same time that other municipalities have had their officials meet with DRIC."

    He was asked if that means DRIC support from some in the county was bought with related road projects.

    "It would certainly give that appearance," Valentinis said.

    Coun. Ken Lewenza said the deals that may have been negotiated with county politicians in exchange for DRIC support are the Manning Road expansion in Tecumseh and a project for Laurier Drive in LaSalle...

    Lewenza said he has heard that county politicians such as Tecumseh Mayor Gary McNamara, LaSalle Mayor Gary Baxter and Lakeshore Mayor Tom Bain were at a secret meeting with provincial officials just before the DRIC announcement."

Included in the Essex County $37M in the big billion dollar Federal/Provincial infrastructure give-away was:

  • " $12 million for the Laurier Parkway extension in LaSalle"

Where was Junior fumin' "I told you so!"

Where was The Enforcer fumin' "Now I know why no one listens to Windsor!"

How did the Mayor handle this latest insult. He did not fume either. He ignored it and said:

  • "he is optimistic the city would receive significant funding for some of its $300 million in "shovel ready" projects submitted. "I took today's news as very positive," he said."

Even the huge smiling photo of MP Jeff Watson did not set him off fumin' into apoplexy nor did the quote of the LaSalle Mayor:

  • "This is the biggest grant in the history of our town," said LaSalle Mayor Gary Baxter. The town will add its share of $6 million to the $12 million in grants to start construction this year on the Laurier Parkway extension, he said. "This is a very exciting day."

'Tis very strange. I cannot explain it. All I can say is:

  • "And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh Lord
    I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh Lord
    I can feel it in the air tonight, Oh Lord, Oh Lord
    And I've been waiting for this moment all my life, Oh Lord, Oh Lord"