Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hello Eddie's City



I did not hear the show live but just the clip on the CKLW website so perhaps there was an explanation about Eddie's new theme song.

However, I am pretty upset. Out of the dozens and dozens of songs that I and my readers picked for possible selection for Eddie’s new theme song for his interview show on CKLW not one of them was chosen.

Instead, it looks like someone decided that the song would be “Hello City” by the Barenaked Ladies. Or were they just doing a trial balloon?

At the least, they are a Canadian group. However, someone at the radio station has a very strange sense of humour or did not vote for Eddie at the last election as you shall see.

Moreover, I am afraid that Eddie is working too hard. As a micromanager par excellence who is in total control of everything, how could he have let this one go by? How could he let this song be picked as his possible theme?

Champion Naysayer of Windsor… after this song, Eddie is the winner by far. Just check out the lyrics:
  • Hello city ...

    Another night at the palace cause there is nothing else to do.
    The same people, the same drinks and the same music, the same quicksand.
    I think this harbour town is waist deep and sinking fast.

    Chorus
    Hello city, you've found an enemy in me.
    Hello city, hello city.

    Second night at the warehouse,
    And my mock turtleneck just reeks.
    From the liquor room to the changeroom,
    To the doom and gloom of the hotel room.
    I wish this seaside beerhall would sink into the bay.

    Chorus

    Maybe I caught you at a bad time.
    Maybe I should call you back next week.
    Maybe half the fault was mine that
    The sun didnt shine on barrington street.

    Its three oclock in the morning,
    And Im hungry so lets eat.
    Climb down three flights to the streetlights,
    And the bar-fights, we're just taking in the sights.
    I hope tomorrow that I wake up in my own bed.

    Chorus

    What a good place to be.. dont believe them, cause they speak a different language
    And its never been happy for me.
    Its happy hour again.
    Hello city..hello city..