Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Increasing Power Of Windsor Bloggers


Oh it is hurtful all right. I am powerless and part of a
  • "lonely and isolated lot, rebels against the mainstream living in the make-believe world of cyberspace, where truth is often a casualty of fingers tapping at a keyboard."
First I had to endure that my writings were "Blogaloney." Then personal shots directed at me and perhaps some others calling us all kinds of nasty names that I dare not repeat.

And now, the indignity of it all, a front page Star stories about Bloggers.

Wow, we bloggers in Windsor must be gaining in power in Windsor. Perhaps we are becoming a threat to the Windsor Star itself. I know that many people read my BLOG as an alternative to the Star, to get a different point of view. I would expect that the total number of daily readers must be in the many thousands if you combined the total hits of all of the Bloggers in town. I know from what ex-mayoral candidate David Wonham said that a brief mention of his website during the election campaign from me here resulted in him getting several thousand hits more than his normal number.

I would be curious to know how many hits the Star's Bloggers get. Frankly, I prefer reading Roseann Danese's BLOG rather than her news stories. She is much sharper in the BLOG and she has terrific insight that she cannot "report" in a news article.

Hmmmm perhaps we Bloggers should start seeking local advertisers too to have some real fun by using that money to let the public know we are around. Or maybe it is time for a full-fledged on-line Blogging "newspaper" with various sections. The cost of starting and running that would be a lot cheaper than buying a building and newspaper presses

We certainly are a big threat to City Hall since we really are the only ones commenting daily on what is going on in town. Note I used the word "comment" not report. We break news, we explain, we analyze, we deal with the absurdities of the day and we do it from a different point of view too. We do not have to be careful NOT to offend the politicians either.

Oh well, it does not really matter. Sticks and stones and all of that. Trying to be philosophical at 6 AM in the morning without having a cup of coffee yet is just too hard. I'll just stick to writing a BLOG.

And I hope that you continue reading it!