Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

DRTP Contest



Believe it or not I have to congratulate Mike Hurst for once! At least he did NOT buy a full-page, full-colour ad in the Star today. He bought a smaller one, perhaps three-quarters of a page. He is at least trying to save money.

However, where is the Board of CP Rail as more shareholder money is being wasted on full-colour DRTP ads (and some radio commercials too I have been told). Where is OMERS who is supposed to protect their contributors and pensioners from waste?

It was a nice artist rendition of what they want to do. But then again their drawings and presentations are always very slick and well-done. I am not sure I can say the same about their proposal however.

You know I should have sent my kids to art school. They would have been fully employed in Windsor with the Schwartz Report drawings of Huron Church as our Champs-Elysées, the DRTP proposal(s), the East End Arena. [Oh, the PCR drawing was by Robert Lewicki. I sent him 2 emails with some questions about his work. He replied once but he has not replied to me on the second one. He probably won't]

There was something odd about the DRTP ad though. I threw out their other glossy brochures so I could not compare what was drawn before. (More money down the drain for pensioners and shareholders).

So the contest----what appears to be strange about the DRTP ad in the Star today. What are the consequences if you are right