Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Friday, August 18, 2006

Is The Letter In The Mail


Still no response from the City. I guess they are slow or want me to appeal. It does not matter. It means more time is wasted before the City has to reply.

Here is what a reader wrote to me that I thought was interesting. I will probably use his comments if I am forced to appeal.

  • "You do not know me but, maybe that will change. I have become an avid reader and in fact very much look forward to your daily writings. I have been following your Freedom of Information request with special interest

    Reading your column today, it is apparent to me that you have just discovered or are about to realize the true nature of things. The name of the legislation under which you are seeking information is "Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act".

    If you actually thought you were just after "Freedom of Information" then you are under a misconceived conception. This legislation is not about the Public's access to information or right to know but, more about how the Government can legally keep any information it wants from you."