Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Mandal's Media Mix On Cogeco

I now know how Bill Marra must have felt when his "Council Close-up" show, where he commented on City Council before the Council session each Monday, was cancelled by Cogeco.

My interview with Veronique Mandal on "Blogging" on Cogeco was bumped....for the second time.

It was advertised on air on Cogeco for 12:30 PM on Sunday, I was told that it was to be broadcast at that time and naturally, the program was not run.

Of course I am sure that it had nothing to do with the fact that the Mayor's Face-to-Face interview was on immediately before and might have been a nice lead-in to what I was going to talk about.

I know the show has been run because of the emails I have received telling me that readers have seen it (although Cogeco never told me those dates).

Is this embarrassing since I posted that it was to be run? Sure is.

Surely Cogeco cannot be this incompetent. Or is there more to this than meets the eye? I think I need to give Bill a call!