Thoughts and Opinions On Today's Important Issues

Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Holiday!


I am a Toronto boy, born there and lived there for most of my life. I moved to Windsor a number of years ago and have been very happy here. I spend the time to write these Blogs, and it does take time, because I want the city I live in to prosper. There are tremendous opportunities here that we must capture. I hope my Bloggings can contribute to that success.

So in the spirit of the holiday today:

  • I am thankful that my wife is so supportive and understanding
  • I am thankful that my parents taught me values that I can pass on to my children
  • I am thankful that I live in Windsor--banal, boring and safe place that it is
  • I am thankful for my home, a place I truly "live" in
  • I am thankful I live in a country where I can call the PM a ditherer, the Premier a flipflopper and the Mayor a flop on the border and not be sent to Siberia
  • I am thankful for my friends in Windsor
  • I am thankful for the people who supported Ojibway Now!, STOPDRTP, CPOW, citizens for DRTP, Windsor West Truck Watch and other groups, who put up lawn signs and flags, who signed letters, petitions and emails and who attended meetings and protest rallies, all for the betterment of our City
  • I am thankful that our border issue is about to reach a conclusion that makes sense so we can all get on with life
  • I am thankful that most Members of Council understand why I do what I do and still will have a drink with me
  • I am thankful that I can have the best that Canada offers with the best of the US nearby
  • I am thankful that Windsor house prices are still affordable
  • I am thankful that I can still get almost anywhere in Windsor from my house in about 15 minutes
  • I am thankful for those special places we have found over the years where we shop on both sides of the border
  • I am thankful that so many people actually read this Blog and have given me comments "offline" that encourage me to keep on writing.
  • I am thankful for Google
  • I am thankful that I am not a Thanksgiving Day turkey